Monday 3 November 2014

GRAMMAR - THEORY & PRACTICE: OBJECT PRONOUNS

OBJECT PRONOUNS

  SUBJECT PRONOUNS (before verb)
OBJECT PRONOUNS (after verb)
EXAMPLES
  I (yo)
ME (mi, me)
I LISTEN TO THE SONG. / THE MAN LISTENS TO ME.
Yo escucho la canción. / El hombre me escucha.
 YOU (tú)
YOU (ti, te)
YOU WRITE A LETTER. / ANA WRITES TO YOU.
escribes una carta. / Ana te  escribe.
HE (él)
HIM (lo, le)
HE OPENS THE BOX. / THE TEACHER TALKS TO HIM.
Él abre la caja. / La profesora le habla.
SHE (ella)
HER (la, le)
SHE LAYS THE TABLE. / THE WITNESS SEES HER.
Ella pone la mesa. / El testigo la ve.
IT (eso)
IT (lo, la, le)
IT BITES THE MAT. / THE DOG BITES IT.
Eso muerde la alfombra. / El perro la muerde.
WE (nosotr@s)
US (nos)
WE KNOW NORA. / NORA KNOWS US.
Nosotros conocemos a Nora. / Nora nos conoce.
YOU (vosotr@s)
YOU (os)
YOU WRITE LETTERS. / ANN AND MIKE WRITE TO YOU.
Vosotras escribís cartas. / Ann y Mike os escriben.
THEY (ell@s)
THEM (los, las, les)
THEY CELEBRATE A PARTY. / THE BRANCH HIT THEM.
Ellos celebran una fiesta. / La rama los golpeó.

1.  Write the object pronoun for each subject pronoun. 
1. I -
2. You -
3. He -
4. She -
5. We -
6. You -
7. They –

2. Underline the correct pronouns. 
1. We usually see THEY / THEM.
2. He writes to WE / US every day.
3. He loves HER / SHE very much but she doesn’t love HE / HIM.
4. Please, don’t wait for I / ME.
5. Are you listening to HE / HIM?

3. Complete the sentences. Use object pronouns. 
1. Who is that woman? Why are you looking at ____________?
2. Oh, look! That is James. Yes, I work with ______________.
3. Where are the tickets? I can’t find _______________.
4. We are going out. You can come with _____________.
5. I am talking to you. Please listen to _____________.
6. Where is Anne? I want to talk to ____________.

4. Replace the subject pronouns by object pronouns. 
1. I talk with (HE) ____________ once a week.
2. He works for (SHE) _______________.
3. She plays with (WE) ______________.
4. We live with (THEY) _______________.